Syracuse Mayoral Race 2017

See who is endorsing the candidates running for mayor of Syracuse

Wasim Ahmad | Staff Photographer

All nine mayoral candidates field questions from the Syracuse community at an open forum held last month.

UPDATED: Nov. 7, 2017 at 12:06 a.m.

Campaigning for the 2017 mayoral race is underway in the city of Syracuse as the election is fast approaching. The four candidates in the running have been receiving endorsements from some of the city’s most prominent officials, organizations and committees.

Raymond Blackwell, Alfonso Davis, Chris Fowler, Marty Masterpole and Joe Nicoletti are no longer in the running for mayor.

Here’s a breakdown of the endorsements each candidate has received.

Raymond Blackwell (Democrat)

Candidate Raymond Blackwell answers a question at the Syracuse Mayoral Candidate Forum held Monday, June 19, 2017 at the Southwest Community Center in Syracuse, N.Y. Nine candidates for mayor fielded questions from moderators and the community about their positions in the race. About 200 community members packed the center to hear the six democrats, one republican, one independent and one green party candidate speak. Photo by Wasim Ahmad.

Wasim Ahmad | Staff Photographer

• Does not appear to have any endorsements

Alfonso Davis (Democrat)

Candidate Alfonso Davis talks about establishing a citywide recreation program for youth at the Syracuse Mayoral Candidate Forum held Monday, June 19, 2017 at the Southwest Community Center in Syracuse, N.Y. Nine candidates for mayor fielded questions from moderators and the community about their positions in the race. About 200 community members packed the center to hear the six democrats, one republican, one independent and one green party candidate speak. Photo by Wasim Ahmad.

Wasim Ahmad | Staff Photographer

Chris Fowler (Democrat)

Candidate Chris Fowler answers a question at the Syracuse Mayoral Candidate Forum held Monday, June 19, 2017 at the Southwest Community Center in Syracuse, N.Y. Nine candidates for mayor fielded questions from moderators and the community about their positions in the race. About 200 community members packed the center to hear the six democrats, one republican, one independent and one green party candidate speak. Photo by Wasim Ahmad.

Wasim Ahmad | Staff Photographer

Howie Hawkins (Green Party)

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (Oct. 19, 2015) -- Howard Hawkins, a Green Party member, officially announced his campaign for city auditor today during a press conference. He chose to make the announcement in front of the ice rink in Clinton Square, claiming audits of the rink by the previous two city auditors did not appropriately focus the offices resources on more important issues in Syracuse, such as public safety and education. (Photo by Kenny Holston)

Kenny Holston | Contributing Photographer

Laura Lavine (Republican)

Candidate Laura Lavine answers a question at the Syracuse Mayoral Candidate Forum held Monday, June 19, 2017 at the Southwest Community Center in Syracuse, N.Y. Nine candidates for mayor fielded questions from moderators and the community about their positions in the race. About 200 community members packed the center to hear the six democrats, one republican, one independent and one green party candidate speak. Photo by Wasim Ahmad.

Wasim Ahmad | Staff Photographer

According to a statement from Lavine:

• Independence Party

Marty Masterpole (Democrat)

Candidate Marty Masterpole answers a question at the Syracuse Mayoral Candidate Forum held Monday, June 19, 2017 at the Southwest Community Center in Syracuse, N.Y. Nine candidates for mayor fielded questions from moderators and the community about their positions in the race. About 200 community members packed the center to hear the six democrats, one republican, one independent and one green party candidate speak. Photo by Wasim Ahmad.

Wasim Ahmad | Staff Photographer

Joe Nicoletti (Democrat)

Candidate Joseph Nicoletti answers a question at the Syracuse Mayoral Candidate Forum held Monday, June 19, 2017 at the Southwest Community Center in Syracuse, N.Y. Nine candidates for mayor fielded questions from moderators and the community about their positions in the race. About 200 community members packed the center to hear the six democrats, one republican, one independent and one green party candidate speak. Photo by Wasim Ahmad.

Wasim Ahmad | Staff Photographer

Juanita Perez Williams (Democrat)

Candidate Juanita Perez Williams answers a question at the Syracuse Mayoral Candidate Forum held Monday, June 19, 2017 at the Southwest Community Center in Syracuse, N.Y. Nine candidates for mayor fielded questions from moderators and the community about their positions in the race. About 200 community members packed the center to hear the six democrats, one republican, one independent and one green party candidate speak. Photo by Wasim Ahmad.

Wasim Ahmad | Staff Photographer

According to a press release from Perez Williams:

• Albany Mayor, Kathy Sheehan
  • Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie
  • Building and Construction Trades Council
  • Civil Service Employees Association (CSEA)
  • College Democrats of New York
  • College Democrats of Syracuse University
  • Cortland Mayor, Brian Tobin
  • EMILY’s List
  • Former Vice President Joe Biden
  • Latino Victory Fund
  • New York state Democratic Party Chairman and Mayor of Buffalo Byron Brown
  • New York state Sen. Andrea Stewart-Cousins
  • New York State Professional Fire Fighters Association
  • Onondaga County Veterans Party
  • Rochester Mayor, Lovely Warren
  • SEIU Local 200United
  • Sen. Chuck Schumer
  • Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
  • Sierra Club
  • State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli
  • Utica Mayor, Robert M. Palmieri
  • Village of Tully Mayor, Elizabeth Greenwood

Ben Walsh (Independent)

Candidate Ben Walsh answers a question at the Syracuse Mayoral Candidate Forum held Monday, June 19, 2017 at the Southwest Community Center in Syracuse, N.Y. Nine candidates for mayor fielded questions from moderators and the community about their positions in the race. About 200 community members packed the center to hear the six democrats, one republican, one independent and one green party candidate speak. Photo by Wasim Ahmad.

Wasim Ahmad | Staff Photographer

The Daily Orange will continue to update this list as endorsements are announced.