Week in Sports

Week in Sports: Eric Dungey hurt, World Indoor Lacrosse Championship and more

Logan Reidsma | Photo Editor / The Daily Orange

Jordan Fredericks reaches for the pylon in overtime to seal the 30-27 win for Syracuse.

World Indoor Lacrosse Championship Preview

On Sept. 18, the World Indoor Lacrosse Championship kicked off. Preliminary games are being held in Onondaga Arena, the Village Pavilion and the War Memorial. The tournament closes out at the Carrier Dome on Sept. 27 for the finals and semifinals.

More: World Indoor Lacrosse Championship preview: Canada, Iroquois and US

David Salanitri | Staff Photographer

David Salanitri | Staff Photographer

Freshman quarterback Dungey hurt on targeting play

Syracuse freshman quarterback Dungey, who guided Syracuse to two straight wins and a 24-10 lead before his injury, was hit by a Central Michigan linebacker and forced to leave the game. He has an “upper-body injury” and his timetable is unknown.

More: Eric Dungey exits SU’s win against Central Michigan after taking hit to the head

This post will make you feel old

The Orange hasn’t started a football season 3-0 since George H. W. Bush was in office and gas was under $1.50 a gallon. Those, and more great statistics in this post.

More: The last time Syracuse was 3-0…

Syracuse survives overtime scare against Central Michigan

Syracuse took a 24-10 lead into halftime and seemed to have the game tucked away. But a Cooper Rush heave found the arms of a Central Michigan receiver with seven seconds to go and tied the game, forcing overtime.

More: Syracuse makes up for 2nd-half meltdown in 30-27 overtime win over CMU

Syracuse Volleyball finds stability at libero position

A libero logjam in 2014 cleared up this season and made way for Belle Sand. Sand has established herself as SU’s go-to for the position and has played every set for the Orange this season at libero.

More: Belle Sand showing capability at libero position for Syracuse